Thursday, June 15, 2006

Media.. .. ...

what is media? What ideas do we have, as soon we listen this word... As soon as the word 'media' dashes to our ears , many different pictures will appear in front of us. Some times of the favorite celebrates, sometimes high class parties, and sometimes of different news channels with exclusive news. Can anybody clearly define, What exactly the term mean ? I am asking you about this now, and so I think, you have never before thought of this word.

Today, or I can say from last two months, that, this word really have covered a major part of my life. I am, being known as a media student, many peoples, friends, relatives ask me about this. Even I have daily phone calls from close ones, to know about this. Many pals think that, I may soon be seen in any news channel handling a mike followed by a cameraman and standing front of camera and sharing the news.......... And thus we have many 'panchat' discussions at our 'katta', discussing on this field.... But let me clear to my friends and all other peoples that I am not going to be a reporter or similar to it!!! The fact is, even myself ,I don't know, what my post or my role will be in that field! Truly speaking, in last few days, whenever people meet me, there fisrt question is what is media management???....What post will I get in news channel??..( now, I dnt know why most of the peoples predict that, media management and news channels go hand in hand!!!) and I always try my best, to explain them what is media, and how it is nt only related to news channels! But the fact is, I myself don't know, What that education is specially related to! And that's What my first sentence of the this blog is...

Now you all will start thinking that, How could karan don't know the thing which,he is going to learn??....... But friends, let me honestly discuss the fact, that, how media education and I, are related to each other........
while preparing for entrance exams last year, I face many strange mathematical problems (which were never solved till now!!).... From the first,after my schooling,I always kept the subject 'maths' out of my syllabus! I didn't know why and how I started to fear about this subject.....Further after graduation I came to know that 'math' is related to almost every field! Which,once my bro also told me at the time of junior college submitions! While entrance preparation, I started to learn it again, which I have left five years back. And I never succeeded in learning more in it.... Though keeping practicing every day for hours, it was hardly possible for me. Many known entrance exams like CAT,SNAP,MAT......etc.were Covered with 'maths'. And it became very impossible for me to score in these exams! From June 2005 till jan2006 I was hardly able to crack this subject...As the days passed, and appearing for many entrance exams, it feared me that, I can't digest it. As soon the 'mousum'(climate!) of different entrance exams came to halt, I started worrying, weather could I get into any good B-school....? Then I started concentrating to the autonomous societies of educations and one of them, I concentrated to was ISBM,pune....
I remember the day when, me along with my other two friends, reached the college campus to buy and fill the entrance form.As that was the last day to summit the form, so we personally visited to the campus. As soon we purchased three forms for us, we started filling them without wasting the time. And the real story starts from here.................
The form contained two type of exams, which wil be conducted on the same date.(5feb) and to my surprise, I found one of them,the paper pattern didn't contain maths'!!!! This made me to bring a blithesome smile to my face and without hesitating I opted for it,(with a great proud on my face, as if, I have cleared the test!). But, at the time of submittion they,(collegewala) said that i cannot opt that particular test, as I was wishing to get in business management..He said that, this type of test is only for the candidates wishing to learn MEDIA courses. And thus, my proudy and glowing face turned tobe gloomy!! Further requesting them and making lots of queries, that guy suggested that, I can even change the mind at the time of second stage of selection process,i.e.,at the time of Group Discussion! And thus, I called immediately to Raman bhao in told to him,and he replied-'do whatever u wish but clear the test!'. And thus, the journey of being a media student started......

Luckily, ( I mean through my HARD work) I cleared the test and had the GD call!( though I had few calls in past). Thus, Raman bhao forwarded me some details about MEDIA Industry so as to make it easy, in the interview process. And I started to concentrate on it and found myself interested in that field... I started to gather more and more information about media.(fir bhi I asked in the start,'what is media'?!) and thus the process went on... I also planned to prepare for CET which was my last step of the ladder getting into good B-school. I opted NAGPUR center for GD/PI of ISBM and PUNE center for CET. And here too, my badluck followed! The date on which my GD/PI was tobe conducted in Nagpur, and CET in Pune appeared tobe same!! It meant, I had tobe in two different cities, which were about 750 kms apart from eachother, at the same day!! (and I remembered the movie titles like Sita aur geeta! Ram aur Shyam! judvaa.......kash mera koi judwaa hotaa!!!!!!!!!!). I was just like two girlfriends asking to meet at a same time,one at Chandni Chowk and other in KP!!! (at such situation I m thankful to good that Raman and me were not judwaa!!!:))

I preferred to concentrate to ISBM and went to Nagpur for the final process. I have faced many strangers there, in GD,and 25mins long interview which was totally negative (two strangers who were expert in abborence.1 enjoying coldrink and firing (not 'offering') to me and the other was literally smoking!! And at that state of abeyance, my fishy mind wondered, if he would offer one to me and lit it with his hand !!!)....They kept firing in very abhorrent manner, and I used all my Shields to defend............ And after few days I had a call which said that I have been selected among the 120candidates out of 750 who appeared for interview in different Cities throughout the Country for media management for pune campus! And that ph call really turned my way to lead future journey of life. I proudly started telling people that i will pursue my MBA in MEDIA! And thus, the real climax started, and since last two months, I am unable to clear myself that, What post is going tobe given to me, after two year of PG?? Whenever I discussed about this, with the experts or say to my careerforum faculties, everybody said only that, there is a wide scope, as well good income in this field! But, nobody cleared to me, that, what work do I need to have ,after graduation in media?? But I can conclude that, I am happy with this course, not because the average salary of the college pointed 5lacs.p.a. But I think, I am getting the appeasement and also excitement to be a media master!!!!!!!!!!(and again I am thankful to my swt bro, for burnishing me & being there at each & in every state of dilemma, I wish to GOD to keep him with me always further, whenever I am in need of some 'eXtra Bucks'!!!!:))

1 Comments:

Blogger Rams said...

Excellent narration, Bro!
Keep it up :)
Wish you all the best for a thrilling and exciting career in Media Management.
Before that, a fun filled course of 2 yrs at ISBM.

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home